We are delighted to be able to open our doors once again and invite those in our school community to visit us.
It is really important to us to hear feedback from parents and carers. Often this is from events and open mornings as well as specific feedback such as the Reception Settling in Survey and Homework Questionnaire. This is in addition to our Parent Voice group which comprises of a representative from each class.
We also try to involve parents as much as possible in school life and learning and in a variety of ways. For example we have held Maths and English Information Evenings, Assessment Evenings to explain how we assess and use assessment, as well as whole school opening mornings, performances and specific class celebrations/events.
Children's names have been removed from comments and very rarely feedback might be reworded/removed to ensure anonymity.
Reception Settling In Survey
• Most parents choose our school for the locality, reputation and that we are a Church School.
• Everyone agrees that communications from school once a place had been confirmed gave enough information about transition.
• All but one parent agreed that the June Information evening gave enough information about school life and starting school.
• Everyone agreed the initial classroom taster helped children become familiar with their classroom and teacher.
• Most agreed (some neutral) that their child benefited from the Year 5 Buddy System.
• The majority of parents felt that the soft start in September help their child to settle well into school routines.
• Everyone (except one neutral opinion) agreed that Reception staff knew their child well.
• Most agreed that it was easy to approach school staff with any concern.
• Most felt that any concerns were dealt with appropriately and effectively.
• Everyone agreed that their child had made friends at school.
• Everyone (except one neutral opinion) felt that school is a welcoming place.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the survey, all your feedback and comments are important to us and help us to make improvements.
'Thank you Year 2 for inviting us in to your class. It’s always wonderful to see you all and see how fabulous you are - especially at reading!'
'Enjoyable to spend time in the class room. Good tips of questions to ask when reading.'
'Really enjoyed finding out about reading strategies and it was a fun time to enjoy the classroom experience.'
Please see the below feedback for more of your wonderful comments.
Year 1 Toy Parent Morning Feedback
'Really enjoyed been able to come in and interact with the children and see what they’re learning in class.'
'Lovely resources to look at and actually play which helped understanding.'
'Lovely morning, very enjoyable and interactive. Thank you for having us.'
Please see below for more comments.
So we could evaluate homework all parents were invited to complete a homework questionnaire.
Following this we amended the way homework is set:
Please see below for the detailed feedback.